Wednesday, November 16, 2011

THANKS.

My friend Nekel just inspired me to write about what I'm thankful for... Cause there's a whole lot of things right now! I'm one of those people that as soon as Halloween is over I listen to the N'SYNC Christmas album daily, which even though I listen to it year round I guess it's still considered Christmas music? Who knows. But back to my point! I don't really pay much attention to what Thanksgiving is all about. FOOD. Yes, but no. THANKS GIVING. Heavenly Father has given me so many things I should appreciate more than I really do. So for the rest of this month, and next, I'm going to do my best to recognize these things.

Today I am grateful for...

  • Fleetwood Mac
  • People that come visit me at work
  • Exercise
  • The sound of Athletic Tape tearing
  • Earrings
  • Smiley faces in texts :)
  • Pictures of my nieces and nephews in my family room
  • A hard working dad who's away on business. I don't give him enough credit for what he does.
  • Tailgates on trucks
  • Pennies
  • The fact that the Christmas dance is in a month. I'm SO excited.
  • The sunset
  • Oranges
  • Sitting at a stop light when it's dark outside
I have just been REAL happy the past two weeks. There are quite a few things that have contributed to this, but they all have made me be ME. I really feel like I have been Courtney for the first time in a long time. Being who I want to be and having fun with the people around me. I mean, there are still things that I'm not a fan of that make me frustrated and mad and stressed out. But heck. We're supposed to go through things like that. Errrrything that happens happens for a reason. Even if we go months and months... and months without knowing why, there will be that day when it makes sense and you're grateful for it. It happens! Life is just... It's just nice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Courtney:)

    I'd have to say that my favorite one on this list is the sound of athletic tape tearing. MMMMMMMMM:) Anyway, you're great, and plan on some major partying in the near future. And we need to catch up, I feel like there's got to be some great or not so great event in the past few weeks that I need to hear about. You're great.

    ReplyDelete